Mandatory Vaccination in Construction (Victoria): What Do You Need To Do?As of Friday 24 September 2021, all construction workers in Victoria must be able to provide evidence of a vaccine
As of Friday 24 September 2021, all construction workers in Victoria must be able to provide evidence showing that they have:
- received at least their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, or
- proof of vaccine appointment to receive a first dose by Saturday 2 October, or
- an exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner.
All information from the official Victorian Coronavirus website: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-sector-guidance-construction
What do you need to do as the Builder?
By Friday 24 September 2021, you must request, collect and store information on a workers vaccination status.
Their vaccination status could be any of the following:
- Partially Vaccinated (had first dose) by 24 September 2021
- Fully Vaccinated (had second dose) by 24 September 2021
- Booked for first dose by Saturday 2 October 2021
- Exempt (medical exemption provided)
- Non-compliant (no doses, no booking)
What evidence do workers need to provide?
Workers need to provide evidence for you to sight based on their vaccination status.
Vaccination evidence requirements:
- Fully Vaccinated -> COVID Digital Certificate
- Partially Vaccinated -> Immunisation History
- Booked -> Receipt of booking
- Exempt -> Letter from medical practitioner
Information on how they can attain this is available at Services Australia.
How should you manage this process?
BuildPass streamlines the process of collecting & reviewing vaccination information.
All current BuildPass customers have access to our vaccination module, and we are also offering the vaccination module completely free.
Already got BuildPass?
We've put together an article on how to best manage vaccination status.